1. History of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea
2. Relevant anatomy and pathophysiology
3. History and clinical examination in patients with OSAHS
5. Conservative Management
6. Medical therapies
7. Oral appliances
8. Myofunctional therapy
9. Surgery for OSA
10. Perioperative management
11. Postoperative management and follow up
12. Results : definition of success
13. Medicolegal aspects and Consent in OSA surgeries
14. Newer technological tools in the management of OSA
15. Recent advances
16. Interesting cases: Management.
There are many books describing in detail the evaluation, diagnosis and management of OSA, but this is a first practical guide which comprehensively describes this condition. The incidence of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea is on rise and this practical guide will help not just specialists but also residents and fellows in treating their patients with Obstructive sleep apnea. Essential information is summarized in the form of charts and surgical steps are summarized in the form of diagrammatic illustration making it easy for the learners.
This book additionally would help the medical practitioners to get a practical insight in the management of patients .This book will describe each entity of sleep disordered breathing, evidence based protocols , diagnostic tools required for identifying , medical therapies that will help in appropriate patients, Devices that can be used for its management . This book will also describe on how to select patients for surgery and how tailor the surgery as per the anatomy of the patient.
• Describes in detail the evaluation, diagnosis and management of obstructive sleep apnea
• Provides charts, surgical steps and diagrammatic illustration making it easy for the learners
• Discusses from conservative therapies to future medicine