1. Definition, epidemiology, genetics
2. Causes of hyperandrogenism: Ovarian diseases
Iatrogenic forms and other diseases
3. Clinical features and assessment of hyperandrogenism: Hirsutism
4. Differential Diagnosis for clinical use
5. Treatment: Hormonal and antiandrogenic treatment
This book is a practical clinical guide to the correct diagnosis and appropriate treatment of hyperandrogenism, an extremely common endocrine disease that can affect women from adolescence to menopause.
The volume covers topics ranging from the causes to the treatment, providing an expert point of view on the assessment and the differential diagnosis.
Since the hyper androgenic syndromes are often associated with menstrual disorders, it is a valuable and easy-to-use resource, not only for endocrinologists but for gynecologists as well. Thanks to its clear approach, it is also useful for all specialists who deal with this women’s disease
• Concise but comprehensive discussion of the topic
• Includes explanatory diagnosis flow-charts
• Provides readers with treatment guidelines