Based on the highly regarded Walls Manual of Emergency Airway Management and part of the Manual of Emergency Medicine series envisioned by leading authority in emergency medicine, Dr. Ron M. Walls, Manual of Eye, Ear, Nose, and Throat Emergencies provides evidence-based, easy-to-read coverage of these commonly seen emergencies. Through the direction and expertise of lead editor Dr. Daniel J. Egan and associate editors Drs. Gareth M.C. Lema, Di (Fan) Coneybeare, and Marita S. Teng, this reference is a practical guide to approaching the patient with an EENT complaint in a systematic way, providing a hands-on framework for clinical decision making and therapeutic interventions.
• Walks you through all aspects of diagnosis and management, including a rapid diagnosis and directed approach which are especially critical to optimal outcomes
• Contains practical, straightforward chapters that are highly illustrated, easy to read, and designed for quick reference
• Provides helpful information such as pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, evidence-based analysis of the literature, best practice recommendations, and treatment algorithms for a wide range of clinical presentations
• Reviews EENT anatomy, performing a history, selecting appropriate imaging, and structuring/modifying the physical exam for the needs of the specific complaint
• Covers infections of the ear, sudden hearing loss, vertigo, sinusitis, deep space infections of the neck, foreign bodies, trauma, orbital tumors, vision loss, glaucoma, and much more
• Facilitates best practices and promotes communication across all specialties, whether in the emergency department, ICU, urgent care setting, pre-hospital environment, or anywhere else EENT emergencies may occur
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
• Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
• Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.