Marks’ Basic Medical Biochemistry: A Clinical Approach, 6th Edition links biochemistry to physiology and pathophysiology, empowering students to confidently apply fundamental concepts to the practice of medicine — from diagnosing patients to recommending effective treatments. This proven, application-centered approach builds biochemical coverage around related clinical concepts to anchor students’ understanding to a clinical context from day one. Intuitively organized chapters center on hypothetical patient vignettes to emphasize clinical applications, and helpful icons, images, and review questions make complex concepts easier to grasp.
• New Genetics chapter instills a foundational understanding of this essential topic without the need for a separate resource.
• More than 700-chapter review questions — including over 200 new questions — with answers and explanations prepare students for success on USMLE exams and others.
• The Waiting Room clinical case studies at the beginning of each chapter emphasize the clinical relevance of biochemical concepts and enable students to practice applying knowledge to real-world clinical scenarios.
• Clinical Notes and Method Notes in the chapter margins help students hone their critical thinking and laboratory application skills.
• Chapter Summaries and Key Content lists that detail essential chapter takeaways at a glance allow students to study more efficiently.
• Clinical Comments and Biomechanical Comments, throughout the text, allow students to make a smooth transition to practice.
Additional Online Features:
• New End-of-Section Exams- totaling 100 questions
• Supplemental text, tables, and figures
• Disease links
• Disease methods
• Full patient profiles