• Part 1: General Principles
1 Fractures and fracture management
2 Management of the injured patient
3 Limb-threatening injuries
4 Closed management of fractures
5 Operative management of fractures
6 Musculoskeletal infection and joint aspiration
• Part 2 Specific Injuries by Region
8 Shoulder girdle
12 Wrist and carpus
23 Principles of paediatric trauma
24 Upper limb paediatric trauma
25 Lower limb paediatric trauma
• Part 3
26 NEW: Running an efficient practice
McRae’s Orthopaedic Trauma and Emergency Fracture Management is the essential, best-selling ‘survival guide’ for the orthopaedic surgeon, trainee, resident or practitioner treating injured patients in the Emergency or Orthopaedic Department.
This fourth edition has been extensively updated and rewritten, retaining the essence and underlying principles of McRae’s original book, but with new text and illustrations to ensure it remains at the cutting edge.
This highly regarded book is a companion to McRae’s Elective Orthopaedics, and together these titles provide complete coverage of orthopaedic surgery as relevant to contemporary practice.
• Comprehensive coverage of the full range of orthopaedic trauma presentations in the Emergency Department, operating theatre, and outpatient clinic
• Clear step-by-step illustrations and text guide you through the relevant anatomy, examination, and investigations before you see the patient
• More than 500 illustrations and 250 x-rays
• Practical procedures, including fracture and joint reduction and immobilisation, explained step-by-step
• Careful descriptions of the principals of trauma surgery and individual surgical procedures provide excellent preparation for the trauma meeting and operating theatre
• Covers postoperative care, complications and follow-up, providing a framework for your fracture clinic
New To This Edition:
• New section on theatre preparation and set-up, introducing TULIPS, and helping to manage and prepare for the trauma list
• New chapter on running an efficient practice
• Timothy O White, BMedSci, MBChB, FRCSEd (Tr & Orth), MD, Consultant Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh; Honorary Senior Lecturer in the Department of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, University of Edinburgh, UK.
• Samuel P Mackenzie, BMed Sci, MBChB, MRCSEd, Specialty Trainee in Trauma and Orthopaedic, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh; Honorary Teaching Fellow, University of Edinburgh, UK