5. Protozoa: Amoebida
6. Protozoa: Intestinal Flagellates and Ciliates
7. Protozoa: The Hemoflagellates Trypanosoma spp. and Leishmania spp.
8. Protozoa: Sporozoa
10. Clinical Laboratory Procedures
11. Control and Treatment of Parasitic Disease
Case Study Answer Key
Post-Test Answer Key
Final Examination Answer Key
Rely on this concise, systematic introduction to the biology and epidemiology of human parasitic diseases. Explore an extensive series of photographs, line drawings, and plates that aid in the recognition of medically-relevant parasites and help to build a solid understanding of the fundamentals of diagnosis and treatment.
New to this edition:
• New organization of protozoa! Four shorter chapters now separately cover each of the major protozoan groups: Amoebida, Intestinal Flagellates and Ciliates, the Hemoflagellates Trypanosoma spp. and Leishmania spp., and Sporozoa.
• Expanded art program that includes new photos of common artifacts, blood parasites, and arthropods.
• New information added on parasites that have become medically relevant, such as Plasmodium knowlessi and the Asian tick.
• Updated coverage of the symptomatology, pathology, and treatment of parasitic diseases.
• Updated coverage of all laboratory procedures to conform to current quality control standards.
• Enhanced Instructor resources online to help you engage students and encourage critical thinking.