1. Introduction and homeostasis
2. Biochemistry and cell biology
3. Energy Metabolism
5. Genetics and genomics
6. Pathology and Immunology
8. The nervous system
9. Bones, muscle and skin
10. Endocrinology and the reproductive system
11. The cardiovascular system
13. The respiratory system
14. The renal system
15. The alimentary system
16. Diet and nutrition
Medical Sciences was the first fully integrated textbook designed to bridge the gaps between school-level biosciences and the early years of medical school, and to demonstrate through context the relevance of the medical sciences to clinical practice. Building on the great success of the first two editions, this fully updated and augmented market-leading title is now in its third edition. Register your StudentConsult PIN for access to the e-book and its new contents.
• Clear, integrated approach to contextualising the medical sciences in their clinical application.
• Highly illustrated.
• Accessible, readable writing.
• e-only chapters which animate difficult concepts
New To This Edition:
• The physiology of psychological disorders.
• Expanded genetics chapter to include recent developments in genomics.
• Pathology and immunology chapter thoroughly updated.
• Many chapters updated with new full-colour illustrations.
- The nervous system
- The cardiovascular system: the heart
- The cardiovascular system: heart block
- The renal system
Self-test questions (SBA) online in:
• Renal system
• Jeannette Naish, MBBS, MSc, FRCGP,, Senior Clinical Lecturer, Centre for Primary Care and Public Health, Blizard Institute, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK .
• Denise Syndercombe Court, MIBiol, CBiol, FIBMS, DMedT, PhD, Reader in Forensic Genetics, Forensic and Analytical Science, King's College London, London, UK