• Studying Evolutionary Adaptation of MERS-CoV
• Evaluating MERS-CoV Entry Pathways
• Biochemical Characterization of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus Spike Protein Proteolytic Processing
• Crystallization and Structural Determination of the Receptor-binding Domain of MERS-CoV Spike Glycoprotein
• Bacterial Artificial Chromosome-based Lambda Red Recombination with the I-SceI Homing Endonuclease for Genetic Alteration of MERS-CoV
• Deducing the Crystal Structure of MERS-CoV Helicase
• Antigen Capture Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent Assay for Detecting Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus in Humans
• Quantification of the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome-Coronavirus RNA in Tissues by Quantitative Real-Time RT-PCR
• Evaluation of MERS-CoV Neutralizing Antibodies in Sera Using Live Virus Microneutralization Assay
• Generation of MERS-CoV Pseudotyped Viral Particles for the Evaluation of Neutralizing Antibodies in Mammalian Sera
• Qualitative and Quantitative Determination of MERS-CoV S1-specific Antibodies using ELISA
• Genetically Engineering a Susceptible Mouse Model for MERS-CoV-Induced Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
• Development of a Mouse Adapted MERS Coronavirus
• Metabolite, Protein, and Lipid Extraction (MPLEx): A Method that Simultaneously Inactivates Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus and Allows Analysis of Multiple Host Cell Components Following Infection
• Evaluation of Activation and Inflammatory Activity of Myeloid Cells DuringPathogenic Human Coronavirus Infection
• Histopathologic Evaluation and Scoring of Viral Lung Infection.
This volume provides various techniques and methodologies currently used in the study of MERS-CoV. Chapters are divided into four parts detailing evolution and entry of MERS-coronavirus, genetic alteration and structural determination of MERS-coronavirus proteins, quantitation of virus and anti-viral factors, and mouse models for MERS -coronavirus. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, MERS Coronavirus: Methods and Protocols aims to ensure successful results in the further study of this vital field.
• Includes cutting-edge methods and protocols
• Provides step-by-step detail essential for reproducible results
• Contains key notes and implementation advice from the experts