Midwifery Emergencies at a Glance is a succinct, illustrated guide covering the practical skills needed to manage obstetric and midwifery emergencies, as well as high-risk midwifery care. It provides clear guidance on the factors which predispose to complications so that preventative management can be employed whenever possible. Broad-ranging yet easy-to-read, Midwifery Emergencies at a Glance details the underlying physiology and pathophysiology related to the emergency and explores both the physical and psychological care of the woman, partner and newborn during and following the emergency.
• Evidence-based, with guidance from the NMC, RCOG, NICE, and The Resuscitation Council
• Presented in an innovative, visual style that makes the key concepts easy to understand
• Provides helpful websites that expand on various topics as well as providing information on support groups for the woman and her family
Midwifery Emergencies at a Glance is an ideal guide for practising midwives, pre-registration student midwives, general practitioners and junior doctors to support both revision and clinical practice.
• Denise Campbell, Principal Midwifery Lecturer, University of Hertfordshire, UK.
• Susan Carr, Principal Midwifery Lecturer, University of Hertfordshire, UK.