1. Creativity—The Story Continues: An Overview of Thoughts on Creativity
2. Artificial Intelligence and Brain Health
3. Neuropsychoanalysis—Gluing the Bits Together Again
4. Healing Beyond Mind and Body
5. Primary Headache from a Psychosocial Perspective
6. From Mild Encephalitis Hypothesis to Autoimmune Psychosis
7. Psychiatric Disorders in Neurological Diseases
8. Huntington’s Disease
9. Non-motor Symptoms in Parkinson’s Disease
10. Vascular Cognitive Impairment
11. Arterial Stiffness and Aging
This book discusses the link between the brain and the mind. Adopting an evidence-based neuropsychiatry approach while also touching on philosophical aspects, it examines the association between diseases of the brain and mental health, offering comprehensive insights into the emerging new discipline of psychoneuroendocrinoimmunology and its translation to clinical practice. The book particularly focuses on brain plasticity and on explaining the ability of the brain to learn new pathways in everyday situations and at the same time improve creativity.
Written by clinicians and leading experts in the field of brain physiology and pathology, this book is a valuable resource for medical professionals and postgraduate students.
• Provides a wide variety of perspectives on the impact of mind–brain interaction
• Explains how brain physiology affects brain pathology using specific examples of diseases
• Discusses brain diseases and mental health within the frame of the concept of mind