1. Introduction to Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
6. Minimally Invasive Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion
7. Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion
8. Oblique Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion: OLIF
9. Percutaneous Pedicle Screw/Rod Fixation
10. The Presacral Approach (AxiaLIF)
11. Percutaneous Facet Screws
12. Sacro-Iliac Joint Fusion
13. Lumbar Retroperitoneal Transpsoas Corpectomy
14. Thoracic Lateral Retropleural Discectomy
15. Percutaneous Thoracic Pedicle Screws
16. Thoracic Lateral Retropleural Corpectomy
17. Posterior Cervical Foraminotomy
18. Minimally Invasive Posterior Cervical Decompression
This book includes operative videos and teaches the reader how to perform all currently available minimally invasive spine surgery (MISS) techniques. Each chapter covers a MISS procedure and includes an introduction, indications and contraindications, surgical technique, pitfalls and pearls, discussion, conclusion, references, videos and figures.
Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Techniques is aimed at spine surgeons who are interested in learning or improving their MISS skills.
• Provides a surgical narrative to help the reader follow the operative videos
• Describes the potential complications of each procedure and how to avoid them
• Includes operative videos showing real live cases
• Helps the reader understand all the currently available MISS techniques
Gabriel Tender was born in 1968 in Craiova, Romania, and gained his medical degree there, before undertaking a neurosurgery residency at the Institute of Cerebrovascular Diseases, Bucharest, Romania and then moving to the USA. He completed surgical internships at University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and Louisiana State University, New Orleans, LA and then a neurosurgery residency at Louisiana State University, New Orleans. He was then a fellow researching pain inhibition at the National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD. He is currently a Staff Neurosurgeon at several hospitals in new Orleans and Director, Trauma Neurosurgery Program, University Hospital Campus of Medical Center of Louisiana at New Orleans, Director, Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Program, University Hospital Campus of Medical Center of Louisiana at New Orleans.