The first edition of Modern Surgical Management of Chronic Lymphedema, edited by Yves Harder, Christoph Hirche, Katrin Seidenstücker, and Moustapha Hamdi, has been conceived and written by enthusiasts for lymphatic surgery who have dedicated their professional careers to treating patients suffering from this chronic disease.
Featuring current perspectives and particularities of surgical lymphedema treatment with contributions from international experts in the field, this innovative book describes evidence-based, multi-disciplinary approaches to treating chronic lymphedema from the point of view of clinical experts. It is also a comprehensive companion for multi-professional specialists looking for an erudite understanding of the complex treatment of lymphedema.
Ultimately, the book seeks to advance the contemporary understanding that underpins the philosophy and general principles of modern surgical management of chronic lymphedema, in order to improve the quality of life of patients.
• Firsthand clinical pearls for treating lymphedema patients and managing the often-chronic issues that significantly impact on daily quality of life
• General focus on the fields of embryology, anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology of the lymphatic system
• Special focus on diagnosis, evaluation, and complete decongestive therapy (CDT)
• Step-by-step descriptions of the surgical corner-stones, including lymphovenous anastomosis (LVA), vascularized lymph node transfer (VLNT), and alternative supermicrosurgical techniques, as well as reductive and lymphoablative surgery
• Unique contributions on the diagnosis and treatment of lymphatic filariasis
• Basic concepts of experimental research in the field
• Evidence- and expert-based algorithm for personalized and stage-dependent treatment
• Over 70 full-color and highly instructive illustrations and more than 250 clinical images
This is a valuable and practical resource for surgeons of various clinical fields with supermicrosurgical expertise, lymphologists and angiologists, general practitioners, psychologists, lymphedema therapists, dietitians, specialized nurses, as well as medical students.