PART 1: Anatomy and Veterinary Diagnostics
1. Animal Anatomy and Physiology
2. Urinalysis and Hematology
4. Clinical Chemistry
6. Diagnostic Microbiology and Mycology
8. Ultrasound and Other Imaging Modalities
PART 2: Patient Management
9. Virology and Immunology
10. Sanitation, Sterilization, and Disinfection
11. Companion Animal Behavior
12. Restraint and Handling
13. Small Animal Nutrition
14. Large Animal Nutrition and Feeding
15. Genetics, Theriogenology, and Neonatal Care
16. Laboratory Animal Medicine
17. Exotic Animal Medicine
PART 3: Veterinary Therapeutics
20. Pharmaceutical Calculations
22. Pain Management
23. Surgical Principles
24. Small Animal Nursing
25. Equine Nursing and Surgery
26. Ruminant, South American Camelid, and Swine Nursing, Surgery and Anesthesia
27. Emergency Medicine
28. Veterinary Dentistry
PART 4: Professional Management
29. Personal, Practice, and Professional Management Skills and Ethics
Appendix A: Comprehensive Test
Appendix B: Chapter Review Answer Key
AVAILABLE ON EVOLVE
Web Appendix A. Abbreviations and Symbols
Web Appendix B. The Metric System and Equivalents
Web Appendix C. Medical Terminology
Web Appendix D. Species Names
Web Appendix E. Normal Values
Web Appendix F. Additional Veterinary Technician Resources
Expanded Comprehensive Test, containing 500 review questions
Test engine with 500 questions that can be used in Study or Exam mode
Master critical concepts to succeed on your certification exam! Mosby’s Comprehensive Review for Veterinary Technicians, 5th Edition is the ideal review tool which reflects the most recent changes to the Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE). This edition features a user-friendly outline format that helps break down information visually for better comprehension of the material. Coverage reinforces key concepts in basic and clinical sciences, clinical applications, patient management and nutrition, anesthesia and pharmacology, medical and surgical nursing, and critical care, and information on pain management. Wide-ranging coverage includes dogs, cats, large animals, birds, reptiles, and laboratory animals. To ensure the most meaningful review, this new edition features a study mode on the Evolve site that includes 500 review questions and an exam mode with a computer-based testing environment similar to what you will encounter when taking the VTNE.
• The accompanying Evolve site includes an expanded Comprehensive Test with 500 review questions, and a test engine containing an additional 500 questions that can be used for practice or exam-mode simulation.
• Comprehensive Test at the end of the book simulates the VTNE testing environment, giving students the confidence and practice they need to master the exam.
• UPDATED! Chapter discussions expanded throughout text provide additional information in areas such as emergency procedures, as well as urinalysis and hematology, sanitation, sterilization, and disinfection, small and large animal nutrition and feeding, and exotic animal medicine.
• UPDATED! The digital section in the Radiography chapter has been expanded.
• Comprehensive coverage includes all areas of veterinary technology, such as: basic and clinical sciences; clinical applications; patient management, nursing and nutrition; anesthesia and pharmacology; and professional practices and issues.
• Coverage of multiple species, including dogs, cats, large animals, birds, reptiles, and laboratory animals, prepares readers for all aspects of the national board examination.
• A user-friendly outline format ensures content can be quickly comprehended and is conducive to classification and grouping of material, which helps the reader retain the content.
• End-of-chapter review questions cover the content in each of the chapters equally, providing you with a solid review of the vet tech curriculum and of the information you will need to know to pass the VTNE.
• Full-color format features vivid color photos to support comprehension and recognition of essential concepts including histology, hematology, diagnostic microbiology and mycology, virology, urinalysis, and parasitology.
• Easy-to-read summaries support visual learners and serve as useful review and study tools.
• Detailed Appendices provide you with quick access to helpful resources for veterinary technicians.
New To This Edition:
• NEW! Content mapped to the VTNE domains, tasks, and knowledge statements prepares you for taking the VTNE.
• NEW! The use and care of endoscopic equipment added to the Ultrasound and Other Imaging Modalities chapter.
• Monica M. Tighe, RVT, BA, St. Clair College of Applied Arts and Technology, Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
• Marg Brown, RVT, BEd Ad Ed, Penn Foster College, Scranton, Pennsylvania, Active Member, Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians and Association of Veterinary Technician Educators