• Deintensification strategies
• Novel Multidisiplinary Paradigms: Surgery/Radiation, Immunotherapy, Organ Preservation
• Advances in Surgery and Reconstruction: TORS, TLM
• Advances in Radiation: Ion therapy, advanced techniques
• Advances in Systemic Therapy
• Advances in Molecular and Advanced Imaging
• Molecular Profiling/Epidemiology
• Nanotechnology, Biomarkers
• Radiomics/Novel Imaging Response
• Recurrent or Second Primary Head and Neck Cancer
• Supportive Care, Comorbid Conditions and Survivorship
• Rare Cancers.
This book is a multidisciplinary guide to head and neck cancer. Head and neck cancer remains one of the most technically complex cancer subsites to manage. This field involves highly specialized collaboration amongst surgeons, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, radiologists, pathologists, and other health disciplines. The clinical and research landscape for head and neck oncology continues to evolve at a rapid pace.
This book provides the latest updates in the contemporary understanding and management of these tumors. The text incorporates updates in surgical techniques (minimally invasive and robotic techniques, reconstructive approaches), radiation medicine (new data on dose and fields, oligometastatic/oligoprogressive disease, retreatment), medical oncology (targeted, immunotherapy and molecular agents), in addition to other overarching topics such as side effects, biomarkers/nanotechnology, and epidemiology. Written by experts in their respective fields, chapters include the most up to date scientific and clinical information with perspectives from each relevant discipline. These sections are concise and accessible, yet comprehensive. Palliative medicine, pathologic and imaging principles, and health systems/economics considerations are also described.
This book is an ideal resource for clinicians, trainees, and researchers dealing with, and interested in, this challenging area of cancer care.
• Provides a multidisciplinary guide to head and neck cancer
• Incorporates radiation medicine, surgical techniques, medical oncology, and more overarching topics
• Written by experts in their fields to include the most up to date scientific and clinical information