1. 3D Echocardiography
2. Ultrafast Ultrasound Imaging In Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease
3. MRI T1 mapping: Myocardial fibrosis
4. MRI Lymphatic imaging of Thoracic Lymphatic Disorders.
5. MRI based catheterization laboratory.
6. Cardiac mechanics I: 3D-Speckle tracking Echocardiography
7. Cardiac mechanics II: 2D & 3D-Tissue tracking MRI
8. 4D-flow MRI: Flow Dynamics
9. Computational Fluid Dynamics
10. 3D printing and Holography
11. Multimodality assessment of cardiac shunts
12. Repaired Tetralogy of Fallot
13. Aortic disease: Bicuspid aortic valve, Aortic coarctation, Marfan's syndrome
14. Multimodality Imaging Innovations In Arterial switch operation - Emerging Technologies and Novel Applications
15. Novel applications of multimodality imaging of the systemic right ventricle
16. Univentricular heart staged correction
17. Imaging for electrophysiology interventional planning in ACHD patients
18. Imaging for structural interventional planning in ACHD patients
19. Ebstein anomaly
20. Imaging in pulmonary hypertension.
This book focuses on congenital heart disease (CHD) and emerging imaging technologies. It covers all clinically relevant aspects of the fascinating new cardiac imaging technologies, including a comprehensive explanation of their basic principles, practical aspects of novel clinical applications, and detailed descriptions of specific uses in the broad spectrum of clinically important adult CHD.
Innovations and emerging technologies for diagnosis and therapeutics, evaluation and treatment are continually evolving, and due to these advances in non-invasive diagnosis, there has been a significant improvement in the survival rates for CHD patient. Novel approaches to trans-catheter interventions and advances in echocardiography, MRI and CT imaging are being developed and incorporated into routine clinical practice, while emerging three-dimensional printing technologies are fundamentally affecting patient care, research, trainee education, and interactions between multidisciplinary teams, patients, and caregivers. In addition, translational technologies on the horizon promise to take this nascent field even further. Exploring the applicability of these emerging technologies in improving our understanding of complex congenital cardiac defect anatomy and physiology will provide new treatment options for this unique population.
Written by experts in the field who are also involved in patient care, this book discusses the practical application of innovations in advanced multimodality imaging in the daily clinical routine and offers tips and tricks for beginners.
• Outlines clinical applications of new multimodality imaging in the field of adult congenital heart disease
• Presents a complex topic addressed in a simplified format and written by experts in the field for beginners
• Includes a wealth of clear and instructive illustrations