The fourth edition of this well-received book offers a comprehensive update on recent developments and trends in the clinical and scientific applications of multislice computed tomography. Following an initial section on the most significant current technical aspects and issues, detailed information is provided on a comprehensive range of diagnostic applications. Imaging of the head and neck, the cardiovascular system, the abdomen, and the lungs is covered in depth, describing the application of multislice CT in a variety of tumors and other pathologies. Emerging fields such as pediatric imaging and CT-guided interventions are fully addressed, and emergency CT is also covered. Radiation exposure, dual-energy imaging, contrast enhancement, image postprocessing, CT perfusion imaging, and CT angiography all receive close attention. The new edition has been comprehensively revised and complemented by contributions from highly experienced and well-known authors who offer diverse perspectives, highlighting the possibilities offered by the most modern multidetector CT systems. This book will be particularly useful for general users of CT systems who wish to upgrade and enhance not only their machines but also their knowledge.
• Comprehensively reviews the latest techniques and developments in multislice CT
• Describes and illustrates the modality’s diagnostic role in all major clinical settings
• Covers emerging fields, such as pediatric imaging and CT-guided interventions
• Addresses current technical aspects and issues
• Konstantin Nikolaou: Prof. Nikolaou is a leading expert in cardiovascular and oncologic CT and MR imaging and currently serves as the chairman of the Department of Radiology of the University of Tuebingen, Germany. He has published over 300 scientific articles and reviews and several books and book chapters.
• Fabian Bamberg: Prof. Bamberg is an internally known expert in Computed Tomography and specialized in cardiovascular and thoracic imaging. He has published >200 scientific articles and reviews and authored numerous books. He currently holds the position of Vice Chair of the Department of Radiology at the University of Tuebingen.
• Andrea Laghi: Prof. Laghi is Associate Professor of Radiology at Sapienza University of Rome and among the leading experts in abdominal imaging. He has published >250 scientific articles, reviews, and editorials and serves on the editorial board of a number of high-impact journals.
• Geoff Rubin: Is the George Barth Geller Distinguished Professor of Cardiovascular Research Professor of Radiology and Bioengineering at Duke Radiology and a prominent and leading expert in CT techniques as well as cardiothoracic imaging. His scientific track record includes several hundred scientific articles as well as a number of highly-perceived books on diagnostic imaging.