• The Spectrum of NAFLD: From the Organ to the System
• Detection of NAFLD/NASH in the General Population and in Primary Care Clinics
• Genes and NAFLD/NASH Progression
• Geometry of Nutrition: Nutrients and NAFLD Progression
• Biomarkers in Pediatric NAFLD
• Biochemical Biomarkers of NAFLD/NASH
• Non-invasive Assessment of Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: Ultrasound and Transient Elastography
• MR Based-Imaging Biomarkers in NAFLD/NASH
• Extracellular Vesicles in Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: Key Players in Disease Pathogenesis and Promising Biomarker Tools
• From Transcriptomic to Metabolomic in the Development of Biomarkers in NAFLD/NASH
• HCC in Patients with NAFLD/NASH
• Psychological Biomarker Profile in NAFLD/NASH with Advanced Fibrosis
• Integrative Proposal for the Use of Biomarkers in Clinical Practice Management of NAFLD/NASH
This book provides a comprehensive overview of the diagnosis and management of Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) and Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatis (NASH). Basic principles of disease progression, the genetic and nutritional basis of NAFLD and NASH are explained along with the proteomic principles underlying biomarker development. Chapters cover both biochemical and imaging biomarkers used in elastrography and ultrasound and discuss how these are applicable to early diagnosis and monitoring of NASH and NAFLD.
This is a useful resource for hepatologists, primary care providers with an interest in metabolic disease, diabetologists and endocrinologists in their daily clinical practice.
• Presents most up-to-date information on hepatic biomarkers
• Discusses the key methods to detecting Non Alcoholic Steatohepatitis
• Reviews both biochemical and imaging biomarkers
MANUEL ROMERO GÓMEZ Is Full-Professor of Medicine in the University of Seville, Spain. Digestive Diseases Department at Virgen del Rocío University Hospitals. Institute of Biomedicine of Seville (IBIS). University of Seville. Spain.
Coordinator of the Spanish Registry of NAFLD/NASH (HepaMET) and co-coordinator of the EASL supported European Registry of NAFLD. Principal Investigator of the group for research in the Spanish Network for Research in Digestive and liver diseases (CiberEHD).
Prof Romero-Gómez received the XI Award Javier Benjumea Puigcerver in investigation, Universidad de Sevilla-Focus Abengoa, 2014. He was awarded with the Medal of The City of Seville in 2016. He has published more than 300 peer-reviewed papers on gastrointestinal and liver diseases. He has protected 10 patents and participated as PI in more than 20 competitive grants for research.