1. General approach to neuromuscular emergency
2. Neuromuscular respiratory weakness
3. Rapidly progressive neuromuscular weakness
4. Cardiavascular complications associated with Neuromuscular diseases
5. ICU related neuromuscular complications
6. Anesthesia-related complications in neuromuscular disorders in adults
7.Pregnancy and Neuromuscular Emergencies
8. Malignant hyperthermia and related disorders
9. Pediatric neuromuscular emergencies
10. Management of pain in neuromuscular disorders.
This book functions as a practical reference for recognizing various patient presentations, signs, and symptoms that must be considered when treating neuromuscular disorders (NMD). It emphasizes the importance of recognizing these preexisting conditions as this can be crucial to treating patients properly with appropriate medications and procedures.Concise yet comprehensive, this 10-chapter guide analyses various neuromuscular weaknesses including respiratory and progressive muscle weakness. Chapters address the involvement of multiple organ systems in NMD, with specific attention to cardiomyopathy, cardiac arrhythmias, and dystrophinopathies. Discussions also address the challenges practitioners face when treating vulnerable demographics such as pregnant women and those with hyper metabolic conditions.Written by experts in the field, Neuromuscular Urgencies and Emergencies is an invaluable resource for neurologists, emergency medicine physicians, physician assistants, and the interventional neurologist.
• Provides a concise review of neuromuscular medicine
• Covers all disease entities from core basics, to its presentation, and diagnostic approach
• Practical guide for clinicians, allied health care professionals, and trainees