• Part I Spinal Disorders
1 Spinal Anatomy and Approaches
2 Spine Trauma
3 Spinal Degenerative Disease
4 Spinal Tumors
5 Other Spinal Disorders
• Part II Cranial Disorders
6 Cranial Anatomy and Approaches
7 Head Trauma
8 Brain Tumors
9 Cerebrovascular Disease
10 Other Cranial Disorders
• Part III Miscellaneous Topics
11 Congenital and Pediatric Lesions
12 Functional and Pain Neurosurgery
13 Peripheral Nerves
14 Critical Care and Neuroanesthesia
• Case Vignettes
Category 1: General Cases
Category 2: Neurology Mimics
Category 3: Spine
Category 4: Vascular
Category 5: Tumor
Category 6: Pediatrics
Category 7: Functional
Category 8: Peripheral Nerve
The perfect white coat study companion for acing the ABNS oral boards!
The certification by the American Board of Neurological Surgery is considered as the gold standard for neurosurgeons. The final hurdle in accomplishing the certification process is the challenging oral examination. In 2017, the format of the ABNS oral exam was revised to make it more relevant, rigorous, and reflective of recent advances in neurosurgery. Therefore, in the third edition of Neurosurgery Oral Board Review the authors have expanded on the widely acclaimed prior editions.
The user-friendly book is packed with all the essentials that are needed to prepare for the exam. It can be used either for a rapid review a few days prior to the exam or as an outline to organize study preparation. Each chapter starts with a collection of salient facts, followed by cases that simulate the actual oral board experience.
• Eighty entirely new, first-rate cases supplemented by a large number of images
• In-depth focus on the current state-of-the-art in neurosurgery, including endovascular and functional approaches, minimally-invasive brain and spine procedures, arthrodesis, etc.
• More than 300 outstanding anatomic drawings and radiographs to enhance the ability to visualize complex concepts
• Complications and emergency procedures discussed in greater detail
This quintessential pocket-sized oral board review has earned its place as a trusted study companion in the past 15 years. The new and improved edition will continue to play an invaluable role for neurosurgeons prepping for this challenging final stage of ABNS certification.
This book includes complimentary access to a digital copy on https://medone.thieme.com.