1 Facial Anatomy and Patient Evaluation 1
2 Neurotoxins: The Cosmetic Use of Botulinum Toxin A 19
3 Cosmetic Fillers 47
4 Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Fillers 63
5 Radiesse™ Calcium Hydroxylapatite Injectable Filler 71
6 Pearls and Pitfalls of Neurotoxins and Facial Fillers 75
7 Building Your Practice 103
This book offers a detailed, practical guide to incorporating minimally invasive cosmetic surgery into dental practice. Chapters thoroughly examine all aspects of using these materials in practice, and present step-by-step techniques for injecting and placing neurotoxins and fillers, with specific recommendations for product selection and in-depth information on case management. Anatomical drawings and clinical photographs depict the procedures and concepts described.
From patient evaluation, treatment planning, and product selection to techniques, managing complications, and marketing the service, Neurotoxins and Fillers in Facial Esthetic Surgery provides a complete resource for using these techniques in practice. Coverage encompasses facial anatomy, neurotoxins, cosmetic fillers, hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, Radiesse™ calcium hydroxylapatite injectable filler, pearls and pitfalls, and how to build your practice.
• Offers a complete but easy-to-use-reference on all aspects of how to set up a minimally invasive cosmetic facial surgery service within an oral and maxillofacial surgery practice
• Surveys the range of products available in detail from an objective viewpoint
• Presents how-to techniques for injecting and placing neurotoxins and fillers
Neurotoxins and Fillers in Facial Esthetic Surgery is an essential reference for any oral and maxillofacial surgeon or general dentist wishing to add minimally invasive cosmetic surgery to their repertoire.
• Bradford M. Towne, DMD, is a board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon and is retired as a Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA, USA.
• Pushkar Mehra, BDS, DMD, MS, FACS, is Professor and Chair in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Associate Dean for Hospital Affairs, Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA, USA.