This book introduce neurourology as an emerging interdisciplinary area that covers the basic and clinical studies of the neural control on the normal lower urinary tract and the lower/upper urinary tract dysfunction due to neuropathy disorders. It systematically describes all aspects of neurourology from the epidemiology of the neurogenic bladder; to the pathology and pathophysiology of the lower urinary tract; to the diagnosis and treatment of the neurogenic bladder by conservative therapies or surgeries. This book provides a useful resource for medical doctors, nurses and students in the field of neurourological conditions. All the topics are written by internationally recognized specialists in their field.
• Introduces Neurourology as an emerging multidisciplinary topic
• Includes basic and clinical studies of urinary tract dysfunction due to neuropathy disorders
• Covers all aspects of neurourology
• Editor Limin Liao is Professor and Director of the Department of Urology, China Rehabilitation Research Center, affiliated to Capital Medical University, China.
• Prof. Helmut Madersbacher is a Professor of Urology and em.Head of the Neurourology Unit of the University Hospital, Innsbruck, Austria.