• Preface: why do we need this book?
• Noncompaction cardiomyopathy, a novel clinical entity (historical perspective)
• Clinical features of noncompaction cardiomyopathy
• Imaging and diagnostic uncertainties of noncompaction cardiomyopathy
• Neuromuscular diseases and noncompaction cardiomyopathy
• Sudden cardiac death, prevention and treatment with implantable cardiac defibrillators
• Prevalence and prevention of thromboembolic events in noncompaction cardiomyopathy
• Noncompaction cardiomyopathy in childhood
• Noncompaction look-a-likes: the athletes, the hypertensives and the blacks
• Familial screening and cardio-genetics of noncompaction cardiomyopathy
• Prognosis and treatment of noncompaction cardiomyopath
• Future perspectives.
This book provides a comprehensive but concise overview of noncompaction cardiomyopathy. Information on congestive heart failure, thromboembolic events, (potentially lethal) arrhythmias, and sudden cardiac death is presented. Topics covered include the use of modern imaging modalities, such as contrast echocardiography and magnetic resonance imaging in relation to noncompaction cardiomyopathy treatment.Noncompaction Cardiomyopathy is a critical resource for all medical professionals managing these patients, including clinicians in cardiology, electrophysiology, clinical and molecular genetics, pediatrics, pathology, neurology and general practitioners.
• Provides a practical review of noncompaction cardiomyopathy (NCCM), a new clinic-pathologic entity, characterized by a prominent trabecular meshwork and deep intertrabecular recesses
• Collates answers to the many questions regarding effective management of NCCM in clinical practice
• Includes a comprehensive and concise overview of NCCM for all medical professionals who manage this group of patients