With an emphasis on the “hows and whys” of contemporary surgery, Operative Techniques in Trauma and Critical Care features concise, bulleted text, full-color illustrations, and intraoperative photographs to clarify exactly what to look for and how to proceed. Drawn from the larger Operative Techniques in Surgery, Second Edition, this newly stand-alone surgical atlas, overseen by editor-in-chief Mary T. Hawn and meticulously edited by Dr. Amy J. Goldberg, focuses on the steps of each technique, rapidly directing you to the information you need to choose the right approach for each patient, perform it successfully, and achieve the best possible results.
• Provides comprehensive, step-by-step guidance on thermal injuries; infection; traumatic injury to the chest wall, pleura, and diaphragm; thoracic traumatic injuries; injury to the neck, GI and GU tracts, duodenum, pancreas, spleen, and liver; pelvic fracture and retroperitoneal hematoma; vascular injuries; trauma in pregnancy; and supportive procedures
• Covers open and video-assisted procedures in trauma and critical care surgery
• Features new videos, personally selected by contributing authors and editors, that accompany numerous chapters throughout the book
• Contains extensive updates throughout, including new coverage of the American Board of Surgery’s SCORE Curricula for General Surgery and for Complex General Surgical Oncology
• Follows the same format for each procedure: differential diagnosis, patient history and physical findings, imaging and other diagnostic studies, surgical management, techniques, pearls and pitfalls, postoperative care, outcomes, and complications
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
• Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
• Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.