Learn to master a highly specialized form of animal surgery. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Dogs and Cats, 2nd Edition offers a unique, detailed, comprehensive and highly illustrated account of surgical procedures that will improve outcomes for all surgical and dental specialists. The second edition of this text is a collaborative effort from both human and veterinary oral surgeons - each considered an expert in their field. With in-depth clinical photos, and illustrations, this indispensable resource is perfect for both general practitioners and students alike.
• An authoritative collaboration between human and animal surgeons includes over 30 international contributors whorepresent the peak of professional expertise in the field.
• UNIQUE! Only book on the market devoted to a surgical specialty of growing relevance provides you with a look at a highly specialized practice.
• High-quality illustrations combined with step-by-step textual guidance give you a clear understanding of the material.
• In-depth descriptions of surgical conditions provide you with detailed explanations of surgical procedures.
New to this Edition
• NEW! Expert Consult site provides you with digital access to the full textbook.
• NEW! Additional chapters on the latest discoveries and techniques cover Diagnostic imaging in oral and maxillofacial surgery, Piezosurgery, Temporomandibular ankyloses and pseudoankylosis, and Regenerative techniques in maxillofacial surgery.
• Frank J M Verstraete, DrMedVet, BVSc(Hons), MMedVet, Dipl AVDC, Dipl ECVS, Dipl EVDC, Professor of Dentistry and Oral Surgery Department of Surgical and Radiological Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine University of California, Davis Adjunct Professor of Orofacial Sciences Department of Orofacial Sciences, Division of Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology School of Dentistry University of California, San Francisco.
• Milinda J Lommer, DVM, Dipl AVDC, Assistant Clinical Professor - Volunteer Department of Surgical and Radiological Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine University of California, Davis.
• Boaz Arzi