1:Trauma, Ian Holland
2:Oral cavity and oropharyngeal cancer, Brian Bisase and Cyrus Kerawala
3:Surgical dermatology, Ben Gurney, Roger Currie, and Carrie Newlands
4:Salivary glands, Katherine George and Rafal Niziol
5:Orthognathic, Daljit Dhariwal and Nigel Taylor
6:Craniofacial, David Koppel, Raju Sangra, and Emer Campbell
7:Cleft lip and palate, Simon Van Eden
8:Aesthetics, Helen Witherow and Paul Johnson
9:The temporomandibular joint, Nigel Shaun Matthews and Ben Hechler
10:Surgical principles and oral surgery, Hersh Saxena
11:Oral medicine, Katherine Fleming
12:Eponyms in OMFS, Brian Bisase
13:Other useful facts, Carrie Newlands and Cyrus Kerawala
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is the fully updated third edition of the essential guide for all of those working towards the FRCS OMFS exit exam or the Diploma of Membership of the Faculty of Dental Surgery (MFDS) assessment, as well as a handy quick reference for consultants working in the field. Providing a concise and structured overview of the current oral and maxillofacial practice, the handbook covers the diagnosis and surgical treatment of diseases affecting the mouth, jaws, face, and neck.
Including a combination of clinical photographs and line drawings to aid understanding, the text has been bought in line with new evidence, practice, and revised guidelines, whilst maintaining the clear, user-friendly layout and expert tips of the previous editions.
• Covers all aspects of oral and maxillofacial surgery, providing the core information in a succinct and clear fashion
• Explains the diagnosis and treatment of a wider range of congenital and acquired conditions that affect the mouth, jaw, face, and neck
• Provides updated and complete coverage of the exit FRCS (OMFS) syllabus and also remains relevant for those working towards MFJDS
New to this Edition:
• Encompasses new evidence and changes in guidelines and clinical practice
• Contains new clinical photographs and line drawings to aid understanding of complex procedures
• Carrie Newlands, Consultant Maxillofacial Surgeon, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, UK.
• Cyrus Kerawala, Consultant Maxillofacial/Head and Neck Surgeon, The Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK