2 Developmental and Congenital Conditions
3 Non-infectious Papillary Lesions
4 Bacterial, Viral, Fungal and Other Infectious Conditions
5 Fibrous, Gingival, Lipocytic Nodules and Miscellaneous Tumors
6 Vascular, Neural and Muscle Tumors
7 Ulcerative and Inflammatory Conditions
8 Granulomatous, Immune-mediated, and Autoimmune and Conditions
9 Pigmented Lesions
10 Reactive Keratotic Lesions (Nonleukoplakias)
11 Leukoplakia, Oral Dysplasia and Squamous Cell Carcinoma
12 Inflammatory Salivary Gland Lesions
13 Salivary Gland Neoplasms
14 Odontogenic Cysts
15 Odontogenic Tumors
16 Intrabony Nonodontogenic Cysts, Cystlike Lesions and Miscellaneous Entities
17 Nonodontogenic Intra-osseous Lesions
18 Hematolymphoid Tumors of the Oral Cavity
The field of oral pathology is challenging for even the most highly trained pathologists. Comprehensive and richly illustrated, Oral Pathology, 3rd Edition, covers the full histologic range of presentation of oral disease, serving as a handy bench manual for the practicing pathologist signing out cases in the oral mucosa, salivary glands, and jawbones. Dr. Sook-Bin Woo, board certified in both oral pathology and oral medicine, draws on her extensive clinical experience to help you achieve diagnostic certainty for even the most complex lesions.
• Features 1,600 high-quality, full-color illustrations that capture the characteristic presentation of all types of neoplastic, dysplastic, and benign mucosal disease.
• Provides the information you need to understand the clinical implications of the disease as it relates to prognosis and treatment.
• Contains extensive details of pathologic features, with descriptions of the macroscopic features, microscopic findings, and as needed, ancillary studies.
• Incorporates the latest TNM staging and WHO classification systems, as well as new diagnostic biomarkers and their utility in differential diagnosis, newly described variants, and new histologic entities.
• Includes relevant data from ancillary techniques (cytogenetics and molecular genetics), giving you the necessary tools required to master the latest breakthroughs in diagnostic technology.
• Provides you with all of the necessary diagnostic tools to make a complete and accurate pathologic report, including clinicopathologic background throughout.
• An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.
Sook-Bin Woo, DMD, MMSc, Associate Professor, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Dental Services, Boston; Co-Director, Center for Oral Pathlogy, StrataDx, Lexington, Massachusetts