• Part I Physical Therapist Assistant and Orthopedic Management
1. The Role of the Physical Therapist Assistant in Orthopedic Physical Therapy
2. Evidence Based practice
3. The Goals of Orthopedic Physical Therapy
4. Interventions to Promote Healing in Various Tissues
• Part II Upper Extremities
5. Orthopedic Interventions for the Shoulder
6. Orthopedic Interventions for the Elbow and Forearm
7. Orthopedic Interventions for the Wrist and Hand
• Part III Spine
9. Orthopedic Interventions for the Thoracic and Lumbar Spine
8. Orthopedic Interventions for the Cervical Spine and Temporomandibular Joint
• Part IV Lower Extremities
10. Orthopedic Interventions for the Pelvis and Hip
11. Orthopedic Interventions for the Knee
12. Orthopedic Interventions for the Ankle and Foot
Here is the most comprehensive orthopedic textbook for physical therapist assistant students.
First laying the foundation of the role of the PTA within the orthopedic plan of care, this text offers students the fundamental knowledge needed to best understand how the PT evaluates a patient. From principles of tissue healing to detailed descriptions of the most common pathologies, tests and interventions for each body region, this text prepares the PTA for best patient education and care.
• Full color Illustrations of the pathologies along with color photos of the interventions and techniques
• Anatomy Tables summarize pertinent information about joints, muscles and connective tissue in each chapter.
• Clinical alerts call attention to signs, symptoms or conditions the PTA should monitor for
• CPG indicators inform the reader when a protocol is supported by an industry-accepted clinical practice guideline.
• Bottom Line Boxes Summarize the key information about specific pathologies
Ebook, classroom & lecture planning resources. Includes image bank, PowerPoint slides, patient cases, review questions
Cases and answers