6: Primary care
7: Ear, nose, and throat
10: Eponymous syndromes
13: Emergency medicine
14: Pre-hospital care
Covering the core clinical specialties, the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Specialties contains a comprehensive chapter on each of the clinical areas you will encounter through your medical school and Foundation Programme rotations. Now updated with the latest guidelines, and developed by a new and trusted author team who have contemporary experience of life on the wards, this unique resource presents the content in a concise and logical way, giving clear advice on clinical management and offering insight into holistic care.
Packed full of high-quality illustrations, boxes, tables, and classifications, this handbook is ideal for use at direct point of care, whether on the ward or in the community, and for study and revision. Each chapter is easy to read and filled with digestible information, with features including ribbons to mark your most-used pages and mnemonics to help you memorize and retain key facts, while quotes from patients help the reader understand each problem better, enhancing the doctor/patient relationship. With reassuring and friendly advice throughout, this is the ultimate guide for every medical student and junior doctor for each clinical placement, and as a revision tool. This tenth edition of the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Specialties remains the perfect companion to the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine, together encompassing the entire spectrum of clinical medicine and helping you to become the doctor you want to be.
• Mini format packs all the clinical content of the main edition into an even more pocket-friendly format
• The only book you need as a concise reference to the fourteen core specialties
• Over 400 colour diagrams, tables, and photographs to aid your diagnosis
• Helpful quotes and questions improve understanding of illness and issues from the patient's perspective
• Clear, logical focus on presentation, diagnosis, and management of conditions makes this an indispensable guide on the ward, or as a revision tool
• The perfect companion to the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine.
New to this Edition:
• Two new authors have been brought on board to ensure that the information and management is in line with current practice
• Each chapter has been reviewed by a specialist in the field to ensure clinical accuracy
• Brand new photographs, illustrations, and anatomical diagrams have been added to this edition
• The psychiatry chapter has been fully updated by a practising psychiatrist
• Andrew Baldwin, General Practitioner, Sussex, UK.
• Nina Hjelde, ACCS CT2 trainee, Manchester, UK.
• Charlotte Goumalatsou, ST5 Obstetrics and Gynaecology trainee, London, UK.
• Gil Myers, Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, North London, UK.