7:Analgesia and anaesthesia
9:Wounds, fractures, orthopaedics
12:Ear, nose, and throat
13:Obstetrics and gynaecology
Now in its fifth edition, the Oxford Handbook of Emergency Medicine is the essential rapid-reference guide to emergency medicine for everyone from junior doctors to specialist registrars, nurse practitioners, and paramedics. New and improved, the Handbook has been thoroughly revised throughout, with 100 extra illustrations and the latest guidelines and treatment advice, completely overhauled chapters on Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, and Paediatric emergencies, and new topics on treatment escalation, end-of-life care, and sepsis.
Clear and concise, extensively updated, and packed with a host of new X-rays to aid identification and treatment, this Handbook has everything you need to survive and thrive in the demanding world of emergency medicine today.
• The must-have handbook for all those involved in emergency medicine
• Covers all the conditions that commonly present to the Emergency Department
• Updated with the latest treatment guidelines
• Packed with a host of new X-rays to aid identification and treatment
New to this Edition:
• 100 extra images, including 'normal' examples to aid identification
• Fully revised, incorporating latest developments in emergency medicine
• New sections on treatment escalation, end-of-life care, and sepsis
• Thoroughly overhauled Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, and Paediatric emergencies chapters