1. Professional Issues and Accountability in Perioperative Nursing
2. Hand Hygiene and Appropriate Attire
3. Aseptic and Sterile Techniques
4. The Perioperative Environment
5. Maintaining a Safe Perioperative Environment
6. Preoperative Patient Care
7. Intraoperative Patient Care
8. Surgical Pharmacology and Anesthesia
9. Surgical Site Management
10. Care of Surgical Instruments
11. Postoperative Patient Care
12. Special Topics
13. Practice Questions
Appendix A: The Perioperative Nursing Roles
Appendix B: Answers to Practice Questions with Rationales
Master the CNOR® certification exam with this robust resource! Modeled after Elsevier’s popular Pass! series of certification review books, PASS CNOR®!, 1st Edition delivers the best practice results with innovative learning strategies, targeted, comprehensive coverage, and meticulous accuracy. This invaluable resource presents content in a logical outline format accompanied by helpful illustrations and tables. Fun, engaging learning activities are featured throughout the book, and a companion website features a 325-question practice exam offering you a variety of opportunities to gain valuable test-taking practice!
CNOR® is a registered certification mark of the Competency & Credentialing Institute ("CCI"), and CNOR® certification is offered exclusively by CCI. This publication is prepared by Elsevier, Inc., and neither this publication nor Elsevier Inc. is in any way affiliated with or endorsed by CCI.
New To This Edition:
• NEW! Easy-to-follow outline format quickly and clearly presents the information you must know to pass the CNOR® exam.
• NEW! Engaging learning activities provide fun and stimulating ways to learn critical concepts.
• NEW! 325 practice exam questions provide valuable test-taking practice.
• Nancymarie Phillips, RN, PhD, RNFA, CNOR, Director of Perioperative Education, Lakeland Community College, Kirtland, OH.
• Anita Hornacky, BS, RN, CST, CNOR, Surgical Pharmacology Instructor, Lakeland Community College, Kirtland, Ohio