Enthusiastically acclaimed by medical students and faculty worldwide, this text is specifically designed to prepare students for their first encounters with patients with cardiovascular disease. Thoroughly revised by internationally recognized Harvard Medical School faculty and a team of select cardiology fellows and internal medicine residents, this seventh edition equips students with a clear, complete, and clinically relevant understanding of cardiovascular pathophysiology, setting a strong foundation for patient diagnosis and management.
New seventh edition highlights:
• Review questions and answers in each chapter prepare students for course and board exams.
• New contributors include cardiology fellows and internal medicine residents, who worked closely with faculty to extend coverage of clinically pertinent issues for medical students.
• Updated content reflects the latest understanding of mechanisms of cardiac disease and technological advances.
• Classic student-friendly features:
• Full-color illustrations help readers visualize and quickly grasp key concepts.
• Medical imaging and color clinical photographs show real-world examples of many clinically relevant cardiovascular conditions.
• Introductory chapter outlines and end-of-chapter summaries provide organized, quick review of core information.
Bonus online study tools:
• Animations help support understanding of complex, dynamic disease processes.
• Interactive question bank reinforces learning and improves retention.