List of Contributors
1. Access to infertility Care Kevin Doody and Kaitlin Doody
2. The Patient Evaluation of the Future: Genetics, New Diagnostics and Prediction Modelling Maurizio Poli, Monica Clemente, Carmen Rubio, Antonio Capalbo and Carlos Simon
3. Advances in ART Pharmacology: Drug Delivery Systems and the Pipeline Colin Howles
4. ART Monitoring: An End to Frequent Clinic Visits and Needle Sticks? Jan Gerris
5. The IVF Cycle to Come: Laboratory Innovations Denny Sakkas and David Gardner
6. Integrative Care Sarah Holley and Lauri Pasch
7. Psychological Counseling, Ethical Challenges of the Future Elizabeth Grill and Lindsay Childress-Beatty
8. Using Technology to Enhance Communication in Medically Assisted Reproductive Care Karin Hammarberg, Lone Schmidt, Gritt Malling and Emily Koert
9. The Economics of IVF: Evaluating the Necessity and Value of Public Funding Evelyn Verbeke, Jeroen Luyten and Thomas D'Hooghe
10. Medical and Elective Fertility Preservation: Options and Suggestions for a Patient-Centered Approach Pasquale Patrizio and Marcia Inhorn
11. Patient Retention, Nursing Retention: The Importance of Empathic Communication and Nursing Support Alice Domar
12. Patient-Centered IVF Care Sofia Gameiro
13. The IVF Patient Journey of the Future Thomas Toth and Angela Leung
Address the future of innovative reproductive technologies with experts in the fields of IVF, fertility preservation and laboratory advances. This essential resource examines the changing roles of IVF, and moves beyond the basics of reproductive medicine. This book introduces the optimization of care, to improve patient outcomes, whilst facing ethical challenges that accompany new technologies, and applying the patient-centered care model to improve both patient and staff retention. By showcasing the future of the field in terms of clinical practice and innovative laboratory technologies, this guide will support clinics worldwide to provide high-quality customer experience, maintaining a competitive edge, following increasing standardization of clinical and laboratory protocols. This invaluable guide features chapters on patient evaluation, predictive modelling, advances in pharmacology, and laboratories of the future. Written by research and clinical leaders from around the world, it describes ground-breaking innovative treatments and technologies, encompassing the care model in a holistic way.
• Demonstrates the importance of patient-centered care, to allow readers to understand how strongly patients feel about their need for patient-centered care
• Encompasses the future of the advanced reproductive technologies in both a medical and holistic way to inform all healthcare professionals who are treating and caring for infertility patients
• Creates a unique model of care which combines the most recent technology, pharma
• Alice D. Domar, Boston IVF, Waltham, MA
Alice D. Domar PhD is an expert on stress and infertility. Having conducted numerous studies on the impact of psychosocial interventions in infertile women, Dr Domar lectures throughout the US and internationally, most recently on the importance of empathic communication, patient-centered care, patient retention, and how to work with challenging patients.Author of several books, Dr Domar was on the Board of Resolve for ten years and won the Barbara Eck Manning Award. She is the co-creator of the FertiCalm and FertiStrong mobile apps and is an editor of Fertility and Sterility.
• Denny Sakkas, Boston IVF, Waltham, MA
Dr. Denny Sakkas has been IVF unit Laboratory Director, across Europe and the USA. He has extensive experience in clinical IVF and reproductive research. He is internationally recognized, having organized conferences and workshops on reproduction related topics, and is frequently invited as a speaker at major conferences worldwide. Dr Sakkas has served on the editorial board of all ESHRE journals and other major fertility journals. He has been extensively funded in his career and led research investigating many aspects of gamete and embryo biology.
• Thomas L. Toth, Boston IVF, Waltham, MA
Thomas L. Toth MD is a highly experienced clinician-scientist and a founding director of both an academic IVF program and REI fellowship training program. His primary research interest focused on understanding the fundamental scientific underpinnings of human oocyte cryopreservation and the successful translation of this know-how from bench-to-bedside. Dr. Toth serves on numerous boards and also elected positions for ASRM and SART. He has lectured worldwide and has > 100 publications reflecting his broad interest and vision in bringing innovation to the field of ART.