1. Thoracic Malformations: Etiopathogeny, Genetic, and Associated Syndromes
2. Computer-Aided Design: Prototyping and Manufacturing (Pectus Excavatum and Poland Syndrome)
3. Pectus Excavatum Remodelling by CAD Custom-Made Silicone Implant: Experience of 600 Cases
4. Poland Syndrome Remodeling by CAD Silicone Custom-Made Implants
5. Breasts and Pectus Excavatum
6. Filling Method with Fat Graft Technique in Pectus Excavatum and Poland Syndrome
7. Thoracic Surgical Correction of Pectus Excavatum: Minimal and Open Approaches
8. Pectus Excavatum: Functional Respiratory Impact, Quality of Life, and Preoperative Assessment
9. The Cardiorespiratory Implications of Pectus Excavatum
10. Complications and Hazards with Pectus Excavatum Surgeries: Secondary Surgical Procedures with Implants
This book with accompanying videos focuses on pectus excavatum correction using custom-made silicone implants. It discusses patient evaluation, the minimally invasive procedure and follow-up care. It also describes in detail, and in a way that is comprehensible for practicing clinicians, the procedure for creating silicone implants using a scanner (computer-aided design). Further, the book presents the possibility of using fat grafting to correct this congenital deformity and highlights secondary surgical procedures and complications (e.g. infections).
Correcting pectus excavatum using a computer-aided design silicone implant is a simple and reliable technique that yields high-quality, aesthetic results. In the medium term, the approach may render invasive techniques obsolete, however, these operations remain risky.
• Provides step-by-step information on the CAD of anatomic implants
• Discusses complications of this minimally invasive surgery
• Edited by an expert of CAD custom-made implants
Professor Jean-Pierre Chavoin received his medical degree in 1976 from the Toulouse School of Medicine, France, and has been a university professor and chief of the Department of Plastic Surgery at Toulouse University Hospital for 14 years. In 2009, he was elected as president of the French Society of Plastic Surgery (SOFPRE) in which he also served as secretary from 1995-2007. Professor Chavoin has authored more than 200 scientific articles in national and international journals and published 4 books in French. He is a specialist and medical expert on pectus excavatum and Poland syndrome.