• Introduction to Orthopedic Nomenclature.
• Pediatric Musculoskeletal Imaging.
• Growth and Development and Their Relation to Musculoskeletal Conditions.
• Metabolic Diseases.
• General Conditions Affecting the Bones.
• Birth Injuries and Orthopedic Manifestations in Newborns.
• The Hip.
• The Knee/Leg.
• The Foot.
• The Hand and Upper Extremity.
• Sports Medicine: General Aspects.
• Sports Injury: Lower Extremity.
• Sports injury: Upper Extremity.
• Management of Pediatric Orthopedic Patients During the Postoperative Period.
• Tumors and Tumor-like Conditions.
• Spasticity and Gait.
• Non-Accidental Trauma.
• Orthopedic Trauma.
• Approach to the Limping Child.
• Casts, Splints and Braces.
• Pediatric Spine.
• Neuromuscular Conditions.
• Musculoskeletal Infections.
The revised and the expanded second edition of this concise and targeted handbook presents the “need-to-know” musculoskeletal conditions and injuries required for all health care providers dealing with pediatric patients, including primary care physicians, emergency medicine physicians, radiologists, residents, students, nurses, and therapists, to brush up on pediatric orthopedics and sports medicine topics with ease. The most up-to-date information is contained within themed chapters--sports injuries and pediatric trauma, for example--as well as by anatomical region--the hip, knee, foot, spine, etc.--including chapters new to this edition covering pediatric musculoskeletal image interpretation and general aspects of sports medicine.
This book addresses high-yield points needed for both general day-to-day pediatric orthopedics and sports medicine practice as well as information needed for the musculoskeletal section of the General Pediatrics Certifying Examination and other board exams for other specialties, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and physical therapists.
Well-illustrated and utilizing an easy-to-follow, bullet-pointed format, Pediatric Orthopedics and Sports Medicine gives the reader the basic knowledge to be able to identify and understand the management of common pediatric orthopedic and sports medicine conditions, and indications to either treat these conditions or refer the patient to an orthopedist.
• Revised and expanded second edition of the concise handbook with need-to-know information on pediatric orthopedic conditions, injuries and diseases
• Covers all aspects of pediatric orthopedics, from congenital musculoskeletal defects to traumatic injury
• Emphasizes high-yield points for both the general pediatric board exam and the orthopedic board examine in pediatrics
• Amr Abdelgawad, MD, Maimonides Bone and Joint Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA
• Osama Naga, MD, Children's Pediatric Practice, El Paso, TX, USA
• Marwa Abdou, MD, Attending pediatrician, Brooklyn, NY, USA