Telehealth and telephone care serve as important tools to connect with patients and families, especially when we are practicing physical distancing. This comprehensive telehealth resource is a must-have for thousands of practices and call centers.
From telehealth pioneer Barton D. Schmitt, MD, FAAP, this award-winning office essential efficiently steps triagers through more than 141 decision support protocols spanning 98% of today's most common complaints.
Key updates in this edition:
• Completely updated protocols, references, and resources
• New protocol, COVID-19—Diagnosed or Suspected
• Medication Questions
• And more
In this essential resource you’ll see benefits like:
• Highlighted assessment questions that help you quickly evaluate patient problems and select the appropriate disposition: 911 call, ED referral, office visit, or home care
• Parent-reassuring home care instructions
• Medication questions, dosages, and recommendations
• Find-it-fast index helps to quickly zero in on caller concerns
• Detailed User's Guide serves as a valuable training tool
Handle calls with complete confidence.
Barton D. Schmitt, MD, FAAP, is a professor of pediatrics at the University of Colorado School of Medicine and past medical director (1988-2019) of the After-Hours Call Center at Children’s Hospital Colorado in Aurora, CO. Dr Schmitt is also the author of My Child Is Sick!, published by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). Dr Schmitt has received several awards, including the C. Anderson Aldrich Award for contributions in child development and the Education Award for contributions in pediatric education, both from the AAP.