This book covers all aspects of PET-CT including newer applications involving infection and inflammation and basic information on PET-CT new tracers. It explains the approach, protocols and miscellaneous applications about various infections and inflammation that helps in its early and better diagnosis in multiorgan and multisystem involvements in routine clinical practice.
Chapters provide systematic approach to the diagnosis of various infections such as bacterial, viral, tuberculosis, inflammatory pathologies and overlap in coexisting tumors and superadded/associated infections.
This book offers assistance to medical practitioners in understanding various advantages of PET-CT in single scan as compared to different modalities for diagnosis as well as oncologists dealing with concurrent malignant and non-malignant conditions, students, and interns.
• Chapters cover latest evidence based approach in diagnosis and management of infection and inflammation
• Includes special section on controversies in evaluation of borderline cases with coexisting other pathologies like malignancies
• Explains clinical approach to various case scenarios in detail
• Includes a separate chapter on PET-CT in miscellaneous conditions
• Includes easy to follow algorithms and key points in each chapter