1. Basic science of PET imaging for inflammatory diseases
2. FDG PET/CT in Patients with Inflammation or Fever of Unknown Origin (IUO & FUO)
3. FDG-PET/CT for a Variety of Infectious Diseases
4. Hematological Diseases Mimic Inflammation
5. FDG-PET/CT for Large-Vessel Vasculitis
6. FDG PET/CT for Rheumatic Diseases (Collagen Diseases)
7. FDG PET/CT for Sarcoidosis
8. PET/CT for Neuroinflammation.
This comprehensive guide sheds new light on the benefits of FDG PET/CT in diagnosing inflammatory diseases. Although FDG PET/CT offers an invaluable tool for diagnosing inflammatory diseases, the clinical evidence on its application remains limited.
To remedy this gap, each chapter of this book includes detailed descriptions of how FDG PET/CT can be used in connection with a specific inflammatory disease. Further, the authors discusses the precise clinical presentation, including key images and their interpretation, techniques and diagnosis. As such, it allows readers to see for themselves how valuable FDG PET/CT is for the diagnosis of cardiac sarcoidosis and aortitis syndrome, as well as rheumatic diseases and neuroimflammation, and the detection of the disease focus of inflammation or fever of unknown origin.
Given its scope, this excellent collection is a valuable resource for radiologists and physicians who are involved in nuclear medicine, as well as cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons, and rheumatologists.
• Presents detailed images to help readers understand the use of FDG PET/CT in diagnosis
• Describes the application of FDG PET/CT in various inflammatory diseases
• Offers in-depth insights into FDG PET/CT