Ensure a confident transition from classroom to clinic with this proven, approachable phlebotomy resource. Phlebotomy Essentials, Seventh Edition easily instills the core knowledge and clinical understanding behind safe, effective patient communication and interaction.
Enhanced with new images, a more efficient design, and new contributions from leading subject matter experts, this updated edition details how today’s phlebotomists work in an approach optimized for how today’s students learn. Combined with an optional Workbook, Exam Review book, and updated PrepU adaptive quizzing software, the latest edition of Phlebotomy Essentials represents a cornerstone of preparation for a successful career in phlebotomy.
• Updated content reflects current WHO recommendations, new safety devices, and CPR procedures.
• New chapter helps students successfully manage professional development and make the most of their careers in phlebotomy.
• Revised chapters make essential considerations in coagulation, tube caps, tube additives, and order of draw more accessible.
• Enhanced technical depth and accuracy of illustrations helps students ensure safer clinical application.
• New Misconception Alerts embedded within the text highlight important clarifications as students learn.
• New videos included with digital resources clarify challenging techniques.
• New Law & Ethics boxes alert students to possible legal and ethical dilemmas.
• Case Studies connect concepts to clinical application.
• Digital PrepU adaptive quizzing helps students assess their understanding and access specific remediation for problem areas.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio and Interactive Capabilities!
• Read directly on your preferred device(s ), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone
• Easily convert to audiobook , powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
• Adapt for unique reading needs , supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more