This comprehensive book focuses on neurosurgical aspects of the pineal gland. By covering virtually all aspects of the pineal gland, it fills an important gap in the neurosurgical literature. Further, it approaches this vital component of the human brain from various angles: embryology, anatomy, physiology, pathology, radiology and surgical techniques.
More than 70 single-best-answer multiple-choice questions (MCQs) are distributed throughout the chapters. Offering an essential review for residents and surgeons across neurosurgical disciplines and containing most of the critical information needed to prepare for both the primary and certification exam, the book will also be of interest to neurologists, neuroscientists and medical students.
• Focuses on neurosurgical aspects of the pineal gland
• Covers the anatomy, pathology, and management of pineal tumors
• Presents a comprehensive guide to virtually all aspects of the pineal gland
• Includes more than 70 multiple-choice questions, distributed throughout the chapters
• Written by neurosurgeons for neurosurgeons