1 Plastic Surgery and Innovation in Medicine
2 History of Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
3 Applying Psychology to Routine Plastic Surgery Practice
4 The Role of Ethics in Plastic Surgery and Medico-legal Issues In Plastic Surgery
5 Business Principles for Plastic Surgeons
6 Value Based HealthCare
7 Digital Photography in Plastic Surgery
8 Imaging in Plastic Surgery
9 Patient Safety in Plastic Surgery
10 Local Anesthetics in Plastic Surgery
11 Evidence-Based Medicine in Plastic Surgery
12 Patient-Reported Outcomes in Plastic Surgery
13 Health Services Research in Plastic Surgery
14 Principles of Cancer Management
15 Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine
15 Wound Healing
16 Scar Prevention, Treatment and Revision
17 Skin Graft
18 Tissue Engineering
19 Repair, Grafting and Engineering of Cartilage
20 Repair and Grafting of Bone
21 Repair and Grafting of Peripheral Nerve
22 Repair and Grafting Fat and Adipose Tissue
23 Vascular Territories
24 Flap Classification and Applications Flap Pathophysiology and Pharmacology
25 Principles and Techniques of Microvascular Surgery
26 Principles and Applications of Tissue Expansion
27 Principles of Radiation
28 Lymphedema: Pathophysiology and Basic Science
29 Benign and Malignant Non Melanocytic Tumors of the Skin and Soft Tissue
31 Implants and Biomaterials
32 Transplantation in Plastic Surgery
33 Technology Innovation in Plastic Surgery
34 Robotics in Plastic Surgery
35 Digital Health in Plastic Surgery
36 Simulation & Telemedicine in Plastic Surgery
36 Overview of Minimally Invasive Procedures
37 Education and Teaching in Plastic Surgery
38 Global Plastic Surgery
39 Gender Affirming Surgery
Comprehensive and fully up to date, the six-volume Plastic Surgery remains the gold standard text in this complex area of surgery. Completely revised to meet the demands of both the trainee and experienced surgeon, Principles, Volume 1 of Plastic Surgery, 5th Edition, features new, full-color clinical photos, procedural videos, lectures, and authoritative coverage of hot topics in the field. Editor-narrated video presentations offer a step-by-step audio-visual walkthrough of techniques and procedures.
• New chapters cover value-based healthcare, health services research in plastic surgery, education and teaching in plastic surgery, and gender-affirming surgery; coverage throughout includes new, pioneering translational work shaping the future of plastic surgery.
• New digital video preface by Dr. Peter C. Neligan addresses the changes across all six volumes.
• New treatment and decision-making algorithms added to chapters where applicable.
• New video lectures and editor-narrated slide presentations offer a step-by-step audiovisual walkthrough of techniques and procedures.
• Evidence-based advice from an expanded roster of international experts allows you to apply the very latest advances in plastic surgery and ensure optimal outcomes.
• Purchase this volume individually or own the entire set, with the ability to search across all six volumes online!
• An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.
• Geoffrey C Gurtner, MD, FACS, Professor and Associate Chairman, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA.
• Peter C. Neligan, MB, FRCS(I), FRCSC, FACS, Professor of Surgery, Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA