Pocket-sized and easy to use, Pocket Emergency Medicine, Fifth Edition, provides accurate, actionable, and up-to-date information essential to caring for patients in life-threatening situations. Edited by Drs. Richard D. Zane and Joshua M. Kosowsky, this handy, loose-leaf resource is designed to be used at the bedside by clinicians on the front lines of emergency care. A volume in the popular Pocket Notebook series, it organizes chapters by presenting condition and supports the thought processes needed to hone everyday diagnostic decision making.
• Offers easily accessible information on the entire field of emergency medicine—from history and physical exam to differential diagnosis testing to therapeutics to disposition—all in one easy-to-navigate notebook
• Follows the popular Pocket Notebook format, featuring bulleted lists, tables, diagrams, and algorithms that make essential facts easy to find and retain
• Features fully updated content throughout, including the latest research and best practices, as well as a new subsection on COVID-19
• Covers all major organ systems, plus emergencies related to the environment, pediatrics, the psychiatric patient, toxicology, airway management, trauma, and more
• Contains useful quick-reference appendices on abbreviations, PALS, ICU medications, equations, and more
• Written by emergency medicine residents from the University of Colorado and Harvard Medical School, and edited by senior faculty
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
• Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
• Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.