Featuring analysis of cutting-edge healthcare issues and first-person stories, Policy & Politics in Nursing and Health Care, 8th Edition is the leader in helping students develop skills in influencing policy in today’s changing health care environment. Approximately 150 expert contributors present a wide range of topics in this classic text, providing a more complete background than can be found in any other policy textbook on the market. Discussions include the latest updates on conflict management, health economics, lobbying, the use of media, and working with communities for change. With these insights and strategies, you'll be prepared to play a leadership role in the four spheres in which nurses are politically active: the workplace, government, professional organizations, and the community.
• Comprehensive coverage of healthcare policies and politics provides a
broader understanding of nursing leadership and political activism, as well
as complex business and financial issues.
• Taking Action essays include personal accounts of how nurses have
participated in politics and what they have accomplished.
• Expert authors make up a virtual Nursing Who's Who in healthcare policy,
sharing information and personal perspectives gained in the crafting of
• Diana J. Mason, RN, PhD, FAAN, Rudin Professor, Co-Director of the Center for Health, Media, and Policy, Hunter College, City University of New York, New York, NY.
• Adrianna Perez, PhD, RN, CRNP, ANP-BC, FAAN, FGSA, Assistant Professor of Nursing, Senior Fellow, Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA.
• Monica R. McLemore, RN, MPH, PhD, Assistant Professor, Family Health Care Nursing Department, Research Scientist, Advancing New Standards in Reproductive Health (ANSIRH), University of California, San Francisco, CA.
• Elizabeth Lynne Dickson, MSN, PHN, RN, Research Assistant, University of New Mexico, College of Nursing, Rio Ranch, New Mexico