Ready yourself for the realities of professional nursing practice with this proven approach to pathophysiology. Distilling need-to-know disease content in a clear, accessible format, Porth’sEssentials of Pathophysiology offers concise yet complete coverage of how the body works to help you establish the scientific foundation essential to success in your nursing career.
• Approachable presentation builds understanding from basic to advanced concepts and defines key terms as you progress.
• “Chunked” content--including Learning Objectives, Key Points boxes, and Summary Concepts sections--highlights critical points for reflection.
• Full-color illustrations clarify the clinical manifestations of diseases and disease processes.
• Review Exercises at the end of each chapter test your retention and identify areas for further study.
• References provide fast, efficient access to normal laboratory values in both conventional and SI units, as well as a comprehensive glossary.
• Narrated animations referenced by icons in the text and available online enhance your understanding of the most challenging and clinically relevant concepts.