1. Conscious IV Sedation utilizing Midazolam
2. Bone Physiology and Metabolism 5
3. Anatomy of the Dento Alveolar Structures and Wound-Healing 13
4. The Contribution of Periodontics to Orthodontic Therapy 23
5. The Contribution of Periodontics to Endodontic Therapy: The Surgical Management of Periradicular Periodontitis 51
6. The Contribution of Periodontics to Prosthodontics: Treatment Planning of Patients Requiring Combined Periodontal and Prosthodontic Care 69
7. The Contribution of Periodontics to the Correction of Vertical Alveolar Ridge Deficiencies 117
8. Papillary Construction After Dental Implant Therapy 127
9. Dental Implant Placement Including the Use of Short Implants 131
10. Periodontal Medicine Including Biopsy Techniques 143
11. Sinus Augmentation Using Tissue- Engineered Bone 165
12. Extraction site management in the esthetic zone: Hard and soft tissue reconstruction
13. Digital Technologies in Clinical Restorative Dentistry
A fully updated second edition of this well-illustrated guide to advanced surgical procedures in periodontology
Practical Advanced Periodontal Surgery, Second Edition is a step-by-step guide to cutting-edge surgical techniques and interdisciplinary treatment approaches in periodontology. Written by leading experts in the field, the book provides solutions to complex daily dental challenges with innovative approaches to each treatment modality. Procedures are described in a practical and accessible style, highlighting complex and advanced procedures using a highly illustrated visual format.
This expanded edition includes three new chapters that cover IV sedation, digital technologies in clinical restorative dentistry, and advanced implant therapies in the esthetic zone post extraction. Well balanced and solidly grounded in the science, this reference work is an indispensable resource for the practitioner of advanced dentistry. This important guide:
• Offers an easy-to-use, practical step-by-step format
• Contains clinical photographs that detail the surgical procedures presented
• Reviews the most advanced techniques in periodontal surgery and their integration with digital treatment planning and workflow
• Discusses the pros and cons for each procedure, as well as limitations and potential complications
• Features video clips illustrating key points in the procedures described on a companion website
Written for periodontists, periodontal residents and general or restorative dentists, this revised edition of Practical Advanced Periodontal Surgery is a practical and complete clinical manual filled with illustrations for easy reference.
Serge Dibart is Professor and Chair of the department of periodontology at Boston University's Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.