• Intraductal Proliferative Disease of the Breast
• Invasive Ductal Carcinoma (NOS) of the Breast
• Invasive Carcinoma of the Breast: Special Types
• Lobular Breast Lesions
• Papillary Lesions of the Breast (IDP, IDPC, EPC, SPC)
• Fibroepothelial Lesions (Phyllodes Tumor and Fibroadenoma) of the Breast
• Immunohistochemistry in Breast Cancer
• Breast Cancer with Hereditary Cancer Predisposition Syndromes
• Mesenchymal and Lymphoid Lesions in the Breast
• Metastatic Cancer in the Breast.
This comprehensive volume reviews current topics and controversies in diagnostic breast pathology, and addresses frequently encountered diagnostic problems using a question and answer format and case presentations. Emphasis is placed on the diagnostic approach as it relates to morphology, clinical and radiographic correlation, differential diagnosis, and ancillary testing including immunohistochemical and molecular analyses. Answers are provided and serve as a practical, evidence-based, and problem solving guide to diagnostic issues having significant impacts on clinical management.Common but diagnostically challenging entities such as papillary lesions and fibroepithelial lesions are discussed in detail, as well as special types of breast cancer including solid papillary carcinoma, lobular lesions and its variants. Uncommon breast lesions such as mesenchymal, lymphoid, and metastatic lesions are also covered. Chapters discuss genetic alterations and molecular abnormalities in breast cancer, and commonly encountered interpretation dilemmas on immunohistochemistry in breast cancer and metastatic cancer to the breast with a focus on prognostic and predictive tumor biomarkers.
• Reviews current topics, controversies and diagnostic dilemmas in diagnostic breast pathology
• Utilizes a question and answer format
• Written by experts in the field
• Yan Peng, MD, PhDDepartment of PathologyUT Southwestern Medical CenterDallas, TX USA
• Ping Tang, MD, PhDDepartment of Pathology and Laboratory MedicineLoyola University Medical CenterMaywood, IL USA