• Cytology Techniques
• Cytopathology Laboratory Management
• Overview of Cervical and Anal Cytopathology
• Normal and Benign Cervical Cytology
• Cervical Cytology with Squamous and Glandular Abnormalities
• Gastrointestinal, Pancreas and Bile Ducts Cytology
• Lung and Respiratory Tract Cytology
• Urine Cytology
• Body Cavity Effusions and Washings
• Cerebrospinal Fluid
• Ovary and Peritoneal Washings
• Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology of the Breast
• Salivary Gland
• Lymph Nodes
• Liver Cytopathology
• Soft Tissue and Bone
• Kidney, Adrenal Gland, and Retroperitoneum
• Ocular Cytology.
This book provides a comprehensive, practical, and state-of-the art review addressing the major issues and challenges in cytopathology practice using a question and answer format. Making an accurate diagnosis, especially on a limited cytology sample obtained by minimally invasive procedures, is often challenging, yet crucial to patient care. Using the most current and evidence-based approaches, this book: 1) focuses on frequently asked questions in day-to-day practice of cytopathology as well as surgical pathology; 2) provides quick, accurate, and useful answers; 3) emphasizes the importance of clinical, radiological, and cytological correlation, as well as cyto-histological correlation; and 4) delineates how to judiciously use immunohistochemistry, molecular tests, flow cytometry, cytogenetics, and other established ancillary studies including next generation sequencing and computer-assisted diagnostics. Chapters are written by experts in their fields and provide the most up-to-date information in the field of cytopathology. Practical Cytopathology: Frequently Asked Questions serves as a practical resource and guide to relevant references for trainees, cytotechnologists, and cytopathologists at various skill levels.
• Provides a comprehensive yet concise practical resource.
• Povides quick, accurate, and useful answers to many practical questions encountered in daily practice.
• Written by established and recognized cytopathology experts.