Ophthalmology residents are faced with learning a highly complex subspecialty; proper training and education are critical to their success. Practical Ophthalmology, A Manual for Beginning Residents helps residents gain confidence and specific knowledge in the early transition to becoming skilled practitioners.
This updated edition includes:
• Thorough coverage of the ophthalmic examination.
• A comprehensive discussion of ocular emergencies.
• Common ocular medications.
• 240 photographs, diagrams and tables.
• Stepwise instructions for 54 specific examination and testing techniques.
• 20+ new videos and interactive activities.
Practical Ophthalmology, A Manual for Beginning Residents is part of a suite of Academy textbooks for ophthalmology residents and trainees that helps them build a solid foundation of clinical and surgical knowledge. These resources are written and edited by leading residency program directors and are powerful tools for mastering needed skills.