Preadjusted Edgewise Fixed Orthodontic Appliances: Principles and Practice comprehensively covers the increasingly popular preadjusted edgewise technique in orthodontics.
The book integrates clinical practice and research findings, focusing on the biomechanics and clinical management of patients with preadjusted edgewise appliances. A unique learning resource for specialists and trainees in orthodontics, the book is highly illustrated and broad in scope, covering everything from informed patient consent to clinical techniques to information about how to manage patient malocclusions. Core topics include:
• A thorough introduction to the principles of treatment planning, orthodontic biomechanics, anchorage, informed patient consent, and the dentolegal aspects of orthodontic treatment
• An exploration of the preadjusted edgewise appliance, including bracket design, bracket placement, orthodontic bonding and debonding, archwires, mini-implants (TADs) and auxiliaries
• Comprehensive description of the stages of treatment with preadjusted edgewise appliances, including alignment and levelling, controlled space closure, finishing and retention
• Information on the management of the major malocclusions (Class II, Class III, anterior open bite, deep overbite and transverse problems) with preadjusted edgewise appliances
Perfect for postgraduate dentists undergoing specialist training in orthodontics, specialist practitioners, and hospital consultant orthodontists, Preadjusted Edgewise Fixed Orthodontic Appliances: Principles and Practice will also be useful to dentists with a special interest in orthodontics, orthodontic therapists, and orthodontic nurses who seek a comprehensive manual of the most popular fixed orthodontic appliance technique.
• Farhad B. Naini is a Consultant Orthodontist, Department of Orthodontics, Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, and St George’s University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK.
• Daljit S. Gill is a Consultant Orthodontist, Department of Orthodontics, Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and UCLH Eastman Dental Hospital, London, UK.