GOUBRAN, H.; RAGAB, G.; HASSOUNA, S.
1. Coagulation and Anticoagulants
2. Routine Anticoagulation for the Provoked and Unprovoked VTE
3. Anticoagulation in Cardiac Patients
4. Thrombosis and Anticoagulation in Children
5. Cancer-Associated Thrombosis (CAT)
6. Anticoagulation in Pregnancy and Lactation
7. Anticoagulation in Autoimmune Rheumatic Diseases
8. Antiphospholipid Syndrome
9. Anticoagulation in Patients with Renal Insufficiency
10. VTE Prophylaxis in General and Orthopedic Surgery
11. Thromboprophylaxis for Hospitalized Medical Patients
12. Perioperative Management of Anticoagulation and Antiplatelet Therapy
13. Anticoagulation Reversal Guide and Reversal Agents
This book provides a practical guide to the use of novel and conventional anticoagulants for a variety of medical conditions and patients profiled. It reviews data for selecting the most appropriate medication for a given presentation based on a patient’s background while highlighting current best practices. Chapters discuss the choice of agents and optimum duration of therapy while including the relevant literature review and evidence. Specific sections focus on the use of anticoagulants in patients with cardiovascular disease, autoimmune and rheumatologic disorders, antiphospholipid syndrome, cancer, and in the surgical contexts. The book also examines anticoagulation in pregnant and lactating women, pediatric and elderly populations, and patients with extreme weights.
Intended for use in daily practice, Precision Anticoagulation Medicine - A Practical Guide is an essential resource for physicians and related professionals, residents, fellows, and graduate students in hematology, cardiology, rheumatology, oncology, surgery, anesthesiology, and intensive care.
• Explains how to select the appropriate anticoagulation therapy for an individual patient’s needs
• Includes chapters on cardiovascular disease, autoimmune and rheumatologic disorders, cancer, and surgery
• Discusses anticoagulants for complicated patients, pediatrics, old age, renal insufficiency, and extreme weights
• Provides a quick guide for bridging anticoagulation and reversal of anticoagulation in case of bleeding or emergency