This latest edition of Preoperative Assessment and Management offers up-to-date, concise, and comprehensive information for anyone who performs preoperative assessments on patients. With a practical, no-nonsense writing style, it provides fast, efficient answers on evaluating patients with neurological, cardiac, renal, endocrine, metabolic, hematologic, musculoskeletal, and other disorders; administering medications; and more.
• New chapters address the evaluation of acutely ill, obese, geriatric, and sleep apnea patients, as well as business logistics—billing, staffing, remote assessment, and more.
• Ebook now features ultrasound clips, highlighting the emerging diagnostic use of this technology in preoperative assessments.
• Bulleted format and numerous tables enable you to find information—and perform evaluations—quickly and efficiently.
• Ideal for anesthesiologists, residents in anesthesiology, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, hospitalists, and surgeons.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio and Interactive Capabilities!
• Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
• Customize for your language, including right-to-left reading, vertical writing, and enhanced annotation in over 30 languages.
• Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
• Adapt for unique reading needs, supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more.